What is Bulletproof Coffee?
You’ve probably heard this being mentioned as this has become sort of a craze right now, along with the coffee industry boom, as well as the ketogenic diet popularity. So, it’s only perfect, the marrying of two main components that you see people everywhere adding oil and butter into their coffee and wondering why/how can that be helpful and/or tasty??
The official Bulletproof Coffee recipe:
-French Press coffee
-1-2 Tbsp of Brain Octane (Brain Octane is composed of a special type of medium-chain triglyceride (MCT) derived from coconut oil. But all MCTs are not created equal.)
-1-2 Tbsp of grass fed butter or ghee
-Blend until creamy and foamy
So…why Bulletproof coffee?
- Provides sustained energy without the crash.
- No spikes in your blood sugar.
- Fat slows the absorption of carbohydrates, which keeps blood sugar levels under control. Balanced blood sugar is the key to lowering stress hormones and inflammation.
- Surpassed hunger. I can go a few hours before my first meal and feel satiated.
- Mental Clarity. Brain Octane product quickly converts to ketones, a type of molecule that your brain uses more efficiently than carbs or sugar. It actually helps your neurons fire more in the brain.
- Performance – I feel like I have more endurance
- Fat burning – Mixture of caffeine and brain octane may also increase your metabolism to help you burn fat.
Side note: I believe that everything starts at a Cellular level, as does the impact of bulletproof coffee to your body!!!!
This recipe not only helps with just feeling full but also, more alert, which is huge for those of us that suffer from chronic fatigue and brain fog.