How to Overcome Shyness
If you really knew me….
You’d know I was incredibly shy as a kid because I was told I had a speech impediment and somehow that followed me in life by me making that mean I had to not speak up at all.
Later in my adult life, I’d believe the lies I told myself that I’m not a great speaker and therefore could never be a great leader! I NOW know this is not true, but up until very recently, before I finally found that voice inside of me.
So, here I am making videos, coming on live to share my life, my thoughts, almost daily.
6 Way to Overcome shyness:
- Belief : What self limiting beliefs are stopping me? How can I find help to become more aware of these and re-build my belief and confidence?
- Transform your mindset to a service mindset: Instead of thinking about what you get out of the situation at hand, think about what you offer the situation.
- Stop talking about yourself.
- Become a good listener
- Ask others questions
- Be present
- Just Do It! Whatever it s that you fear, just get out there and start doing it.
- Refer back to #1 & 2.
- Jump and build you wings on the way down.
- Start with your strengths.
- Practice. You will get better and become more comfortable and confident.
- Go take seminars that will help with networking or public speaking, video making, etc.
- Be YOU! Be vulnerable and relatable. Be friendly.
- Not perfection
- Don’t try to impress
- Attract the right people into your life