Top 9 Benefits of Traveling
Since I am traveling in Provincetown, MA, Cape Cod and New York City this week, I was reminded of just how life changing travel can be. It literally feeds the soul and improves physical, mental and emotional health. So, I figured I’d take a minute to share with you my Top 9 benefits of travel:
- You get to know yourself better, how you react to more/less stress. You also get to know those you are traveling with better …allowing for more meaningful relationships.
- Relieves stress from everyday life
- Forces you to have fun…be carefree, which in turn cause happiness
- Increases creativity caused by out of the norm experiences
- Broadens your world and cultural awareness…an education that you can’t get in school. Gives you a whole new perspective on life.
- Improves social skills like communication. From learning new language or learning to get along with travel companions and compromising within certain situations.
- Learning to give up control and allowing for a bit of uncertainty and then excitement and adventure. Also, the challenges that may arise leave you with a sense of accomplishment.
- Improves health and immunity through getting extra vitamin D, salt water by the sea, improving gut health with eating different foods, and lowers risk of depression.
- Creates memories and experiences that will last a lifetime!